- 2015 MARCH:HELLO WOOD 2015 - PROJECT VILLAGEconference and workshop
- ____________________________________________________________________________BREAKING NEWS2015 HELLO WOOD CAMP'S THEME IS OFFICIALLY OUT- OPEN CALLS COMING SOON -
- ____________________________________________________________________________2014/2015 WINTER:CHRISTMAS TREE WITHOUT THE GLITTERIn 2014 we built a Christmas tree together with Design Terminal and the Hungarian Interchurch Aid in one of the most central squares of Budapest. The installation is 11 meters high, 4,5 meters wide and was made of 5000 pieces of firewood that weigh 150 quintals. After last year’s project, when we built a huge Christmas tree made of sledges, this year’s goal was to create a Christmas tree for the Budapest community, which symbolizes the importance of caring about each other. All the firewood used in the installation are given to families in need in January.
- WATCH OUR VIDEO:
- ______________________________________________2014 FALL:HELLO WOOD AT BUDAPEST DESIGN WEEKHELLO WOOD PRESENTS: BENEDETTA TAGLIABUE (MIRALLES – TAGLIABUE EMBT)’BLENDING AND EXPERIMENTATION’ – LECTURELOCATION: Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design Budapest1121 Budapest, Zugligeti út 9-25. / Auditorium
DATE: 8/10/2014 10:00PARTNERS: Design Terminal, Embassy of Spain in Budapest, Doctoral School of Moholy-Nagy UniversityENTRY: freeBenedetta Tagliabue is one of the best known contemporary architects. The buildings of her office, the Miralles-Tagliabue EMBT include the New Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh, the Diagonal Mar Park, the Santa Caterina market in Barcelona, and the Spanish Pavilion at the 2010 Shanghai World Expo which was awarded the prestigious RIBA International “Best International Building of 2011” award. This is the point where the office and Hello Wood are linked, as the designer of this pavilion, Salvador Gilabert Sanz represented the office in the Hello Wood camp this year. Benedetta talks about the relationship between theory and practice, the activities of the office and the closely related Miralles Foundation, the achievements and the challenges held by future, and about how a woman can succeed in the world of architecture./ In partnership with Budapest Design Week 2014/
HELLO WOOD 2014- ARCHITECTURAL EXPERIMENTS -INTERNATIONAL WOOD WORKSHOP & FESTIVAL
- THANK YOU FOR YOUR APPLICATIONS!
- “what is joy without sorrow? what is success without failure? what is a win without a loss? what is health without illness? you have to experience each if you are to appreciate the other. there is always going to be suffering. it’s how you look at your suffering, how you deal with it, that will define you.”- Mark Twain -
- Architecture of Balance: Hello Wood 2014 open call for admissionAPPLICATION DEADLINE FOR PARTICIPANTS:16 MAY 2014Hello Wood is one of the leading international architecture and design camps in Europe: last year more than 100 architects from 12 countries participated in the summer workshop. All work, produced in Hello Wood carries two attributes: it’s mostly of wood and it’s characterized by an interplay of art and social commitment. This year, for the fifth time Hello Wood has the opportunity to create 12 wood installations in its summer workshop in Csorompuszta, a charming village of Balaton uplands, Hungary.Hello Wood is looking for workshop leaders and student coming from the world of architecture, design or other art fields, who feel touched by its current topic: BALANCE. Our aim is to create pieces that can capture the delicate moment of equilibrium by reacting on uncertainty, skepticism or disproportion; notions that can easily be translated to the language of architecture.
For all the details, please read the open calls!
- ______________________________________________2014 APRIL:HELLO WOOD AT BUDAPEST SPRING FESTIVAL 2014Hello Wood collaborated with Budapest Spring Festival on three projects. We built a BUTTERFLY HOUSE installation on Erzsébet Square, a venue with concerts, fashion shows and performances. The huge B.U.D.A.P.E.S.T sign on Heroes Square and the smaller FESTIVAL CUBES were real tourist attractions during the Festival.
- _______________________________________________________________________2014 MARCH:HELLO WOOD FACTORY // INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Hello Wood Factory’s creative program allows young architects and designers to work with acclaimed professionals in a 12 month period. Factory is a platform which gives a chance for the participants to find solutions to real problems, work on multidisciplinary projects and international competitions, last but not least to build a strong, diverse portfolio. This year's intership program will start in the middle of March.
- ______________________________________________2013 DECEMBER:HELLO WOOD'S CHRISTMAS TREE AT THE PALACE OF THE ARTS BUDAPESTThis year the Palace of Arts (MÜPA) celebrates Christmas with a 11 meters high Christmas tree!Hello Wood built a special installation made out of 365 sleighs - it stood in front of the Palace of the Arts until the end of the Holidays. All sleighs were to the little inhabitants of the SOS Children’s Village by favour of Telekom.The setting of the Christmas tree took one week for the Hello Wood team and the amazing structure of the interior was open for visitors from the 5th of December till the 6th of January, 2014.HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!
- ______________________________________________2013 OCTOBER:DESIGN PICNIC BY HELLO WOOD- DESIGN WEEK BUDAPEST 2013 -A sunday picnic with great independent culinary groups at the Design Week Budapest on 29 September, 2013.
2013 SEPTEMBER:HELLO WOOD 2013 EXHIBITION // BUDAPEST DESIGN WEEK
Hello Wood installations were exhibited at Müpa - Palace of Arts. Two installations placed in front of MÜPA and one inside the building from 3 October until 16 November, 2013.
- ______________________________________________2013 AUGUST:FESTIVAL INSTALLATIONS // SZIGET FESTIVAL 2013Hello Wood team has been working with Sziget Festival since 2011, one of the biggest festival companies in Europe to create some extraordinary sights.
We developed small decorational elements and huge party places also over the past few years that were loved by thousands of visitors each year.Our team can travel and build similar interactive and artistic creations anywhere in the world.CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO